Finally finished my Carla-Jaeger-being-eaten-by-a-Titan cosplay gown!
Oh my fcking god
omg this reminds me of the most adorable time when my friend had leaked in art class and she was tearing up a bit and this guy who’s usually quiet but is judged as a jerk because his friends tend to be jerks gets up and throws red paint on the side of her shorts and on his own shorts and throws a couple of other colors in too and starts a mini paint war and other people joined in and i nearly cried because of how cute it was
Hold on to those men and never let go
"14-year-old Parkview High School Freshman, Caleb Christian was concerned about the number of incidents of police abuse in the news. Still, he knew there were many good police officers in various communities, but had no way of figuring out which communities were highly rated and which were not.
So, together with his two older sisters: Parkview High School senior Ima Christian, and Gwinnett School of Math, Science, and Technology sophomore, Asha Christian, they founded a mobile app development company– Pinetart Inc., under which they created a mobile app called Five-O.
Five-O, allows citizens to enter the details of every interaction with a police officer. It also allows them to rate that officer in terms of courtesy and professionalism and provides the ability to enter a short description of what transpired. These details are captured for every county in the United States. Citizen race and age information data is also captured.
Additionally, Five-O allows citizens to store the details of each encounter with law enforcement; this provides convenient access to critical information needed for legal action or commendation.”
The last words said by Black youth murdered by policemen.
We the undersigned Palestinian individuals and groups express our solidarity with the family of Michael Brown, a young unarmed black man gunned down by police on August 9th in Ferguson, Missouri. We wish to express our support and solidarity with the people of Ferguson who have taken their struggle to the street, facing a militarized police occupation.
From all factions and sectors of our dislocated society, we send you our commitment to stand with you in your hour of pain and time of struggle against the oppression that continues to target our black brothers and sisters in nearly every aspect of their lives.
We understand your moral outrage. We empathize with your hurt and anger. We understand the impulse to rebel against the infrastructure of a racist capitalist system that systematically pushes you to the margins of humanity.
And we stand with you.
We recognize the disregard and disrespect for black bodies and black life endemic to the supremacist system that rules the land with wanton brutality. Your struggles through the ages have been an inspiration to us as we fight our own battles for basic human dignities. We continue to find inspiration and strength from your struggles through the ages and your revolutionary leaders, like Malcolm X, Huey Newton, Kwame Ture, Angela Davis, Fred Hampton, Bobby Seale and others.
We honor the life of Michael Brown, cut short less than a week before he was due to begin university. And we honor the far too many more killed in similar circumstances, motivated by racism and contempt for black life: Ezell Ford, John Crawford, Eric Garner, Trayvon Martin, Tarika Wilson, Malcolm Ferguson, Renisha McBride, Amadou Diallo, Yvette Smith, Oscar Grant, Sean Bell, Kathryn Johnston, Rekia Boyd and too many others to count.
With a Black Power fist in the air, we salute the people of Ferguson and join in your demands for justice.
Susan Abulhawa, novelist and activist
American Muslims for Palestine
Thank you MTV for bringing acknowledgment to something that nobody els on the news will
HI EVERYONE, I’M DOING A LI’L VEGAN GIVE-AWAY!!!
Hey everyone; That Vegan Cosplayer here! I’m gonna be doing a li’l vegan give-away! Why? Because I love you guys and I like to give people STUFF! Why vegan? Well, I think that should be pretty obvious.
Simply REBLOG and FOLLOW me to enter the give-away! Please remember that the winner (yes – only one winner) will be chosen AT RANDOM! There is more information in the rules below!
This contest begins Monday, August 11 2014 at 8pm PST and will end Thursday, September 11 2014 at 8pm PST.
GOOD LUCK!!! (And yes – I will ship to the winner wherever they may be; even outside of the USA!)
WHAT’S GONNA BE IN THIS PACKAGE?!
- “Dominion” by Matthew Scully! – used but in good condition.
- “The Raw Truth” by Jordan Rain! – new.
- “Vegan Freak: Being Vegan in a Non-Vegan World” by Bob and Jenna Torres! – used but in good condition.
- “In Defense of Animals: The Second Wave” by Peter Singer! – used but in good condition.
- “Forks Over Knives” DVD! – a documentary about plant-based eating.
- Various vegan pins!
- Various “Liberator” pins!
- Various vegan stickers!
- A copy of “Liberator Volume One: Rage Ignition” by Matt Miner, Javier Aranda, Joaquin Pereyra, Tim Seeley and Black Mask Studios – SIGNED by Matt Miner and myself!
- "101 Best Vegan Foods" by Publications International, Limited! - new (Added August 14, 2014)
- Two (2) boxes of Earth Balance vegan cheddar flavor mac & cheese! - Vegan, non-GMO. Not gluten-free, but supposedly nut and soy free. Requires vegan butter and non-dairy milk, as well as appropriate cooking utensils to prepare. (Added August 14, 2014.)
- Possibly more stuff on the way – WHO KNOWS!!
- There will be ONE winner, and that winner will be drawn RANDOMLY.
- You must both reblog this post AND be following me to get ONE entry! (This is also a MUST HAVE to be counted for other entries!)**
- Once rule two has been met, you may reblog this as many times as you like for more entries!**
- LIKES DO NOT COUNT FOR ENTRIES!
- Your blog must be a PERSONAL blog that is JUST you! Please, no blogs run by multiple people.
- **I realize I listed my Instagram, Twitter and Facebook fan page as viable entries. I cannot actually keep accurate track of those who follow me on tumblr versus the names they will use on the other sites listed. HOWEVER, you may reblog this post as many times as you like for an entry (so long as you follow me as well).Anyone that has already told me about them following me on said sites will have their entries respected. (Updated 8-11-2014, 9:45pm PST.)
- Rules and items are subject to change! Please check this post regularly!
- Again, the winner will be RANDOMLY DRAWN!
- Once I have drawn a winner, I will check out their tumblr. If they seem like a real person, I will message them!
- If the message is not responded to within a week (7 consecutive days) of me sending it, I will draw another winner RANDOMLY.
- Once I receive a response back, I will send out the package!
- Please send me a current, accurate address and PLEASE make sure you are allowed to receive packages from outside sources!
- Keep in mind that this is a VEGAN give-away, meaning it will have tons of VEGAN STUFF. If I deem that your blog is in any way anti-vegan, I will RESELECT a new winner!
- Rules and items are subject to change! Check this post regularly!
I took my little brother (who falls on the autism spectrum) to see Guardians of the Galaxy and after this scene he lit up like a Christmas tree and screamed “He’s like me! He can’t do metaphors!” And for the rest of the film my brother stared at Drax in a state of rapture.
So for the last 6 days I have heard my brother repeatedly quote all of the Drax lines from the movie verbatim (one of his talents), begin studying vocabulary test words, and tell everyone he knows that people with autism can also be superheroes.
Now I am not saying that Drax the Destroyer is, or was ever, intended to be autistic. All I am saying is that it warmed my heart to see my brother have an opportunity to identify himself with a character known for his strength, badassness, and honor. And that is pretty damn awesome.
So while I adored Guardians of the Galaxy as a great fun loving film with cool characters I can do nothing but thank Marvel Studios and Dave Bautista for finally bringing a superhero to the screen that my little brother can relate to.
i was just at the grocery store and walked past someone as they put chocolate almond milk in their cart and whisper “treat yo self”. i don’t think i was supposed to hear her and i felt like i intruded on a really intimate, personal moment.